Class Enrollment Information
Olmsted Performing Arts is proud to offer a wide variety of classes in the arts. We work with students as young as 18 months and through adulthood. We believe in building character onstage and off and want you to join our OPA family!
When are class sessions?
Classes in most of our education departments run in one of three sessions – Summer, Fall, and Spring. When you enroll in a class, you enroll for a single session.
The Summer Session is 9 weeks long and generally coincides with school summer breaks.
The Fall Session is 18 weeks long. It starts about the time school starts and runs through December.
The Spring Session is 18 weeks long. It starts in January and runs through the end of the school year.
There are a few exceptions, notably:
- Due to their intensive nature, dance classes run in two sessions – Summer and School Year. The School Year session begins in early September and runs through early June.
- Because they are so popular and we want to make room for as many students as possible, film classes have shorter sessions. The Summer Session is 9 weeks long. The Fall and Spring Sessions are each broken into 9-week mini sessions.
- Home school classes do not run in the Summer Session.
When is enrollment open?
How much do classes cost?
Each class has its own price. Summer classes are generally less expensive since they run for fewer weeks. Search the course catalog for the department you are interested in to see each class's price.
An annual registration fee of $25 per student is required. This fee will automatically be charged to your account on the annivesary of your first payment date.
For classes that have a recital or final performance, additional performance fees will apply. When a student is enrolled in multiple classes that have a recital, fees are reduced for subsequent classes.
Do you offer discounts or payment plans?
Yes! For most of our classes, you can pay the entire balance at registration, or, for a small convenience fee, you can opt for a payment plan. A deposit is required at registration when you choose a payment plan.
Summer Sessions offer a 2-payment plan for an additional $5 fee. A $50 deposit is required.
Fall and Spring Sessions (except Dance) offer a 3-payment plan for an additional $5 or a 5-payment plan for an additional $8. A $50 deposit is required at the time of registration.
Dance classes offer a 6-payment plan for an additional $5 or a 10-payment plan for an additional $8. A $50 deposit is required.
You are also eligible for a discount in the following cases:
- In the event that a student is enrolled in more than one class, each additional class will be discounted by 10% (with the exception of homeschool programming).
- In the event that a family has more than one child enrolled in OPA’s programming, each additional child will receive a 10% discount.
**Maximum discount of 10% per class.
I'm ready! How do I enroll?
If you are an existing student, it's best to sign in to your account and add classes there.
If you are enrolling for the first time, search the course catalog for the department you are interested in. When you've found the right class for you, click the "Register" button next to the class name. If you need help, feel free to call the office at 440-973-4363 as well!